Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun for friends

This weekend I taught myself 3 new things to overcome the, "I wish I had..." problem.  First let me tell you why I found myself at my table.  This Friday I realized I had 2 party invites for Saturday night.  Mind you I'm a stay-at-home mom and the definition of a homebody so this is a blue moon situation for me.  I unfortunately was on meds that made me super dizzy and had to stay home, but I wanted to make something for my friends.
First was the birthday party of a friend and neighbor who happens to be a photographer.  My original idea could not be accomplished with the supplies I had or could get locally so what I ended up with is above.  I had never used my dapping block before and had never used my stamps on anything but an aluminum can and some washers.  My husband walked in and was surprised.  He thought I bought it.  I'm still deciding if he was a little too surprised.  I do have a hard time sitting down at that table unless I am truly inspired.  Pam's work is inspiring.  Check out her gallery if you get time.
 

 Second was my neighbor and walking buddy's graduation party.  She is finishing up her masters while being a wife, mother and one who has already succeeded in her chosen career.   She's always learning something it seems.  In the year and a half I've known her, she's learned Japanese, cake decorating, Scuba diving and a few more things while finishing her degree.  I'm so happy for her and proud of her dedication.  Since typical graduation gifts are for someone who's life is yet to begin I was at a loss.  I've made her at least one piece before and for the life of me couldn't even remember what it looked like. So what so I do.  Well, I had an idea, and in theory I had everything I needed, but it wasn't working. So here's what we ended up with.  It's my first polymer clay bead.  She loves it which is all that counts in the end.
Live the life you imagined. -Thoreau
I actually used Martina's flowers as bead caps this time.
 What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Ginger, I finally got to your blog, thank you so much for the bracelet, I love it, you are a great creative artist indeed and I a glad to have met you and have you as my neighbour x

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.