Saturday, September 7, 2013

Finally Learning to Bead Embroider

I have a reveal coming up on the 18th, but I can't wait to tell you about the great tutorials our hostess, Sally Russick of Studio Sublime, has created. If you, like me, have been avoiding bead embroidery for years hopefully her videos will give you the courage to take the plunge. 

I've bought books, watched other you tube videos and even bought a tutorial with the unlimited online help, but still never made it all the way around a cabochon before watching these.

Here's a sneak peek. My first round took 2 hours and was barely visible.
I just finished off my last round, but you'll have to come back on reveal day to see more. Now off to cut the extra Stiff Stuff and glue on a backing. 

Wish me luck! 

Hope you have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely cab/focal you choose. I can't wait to see how it came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz!
      I got it at B'Sue's. I think they discontinued the chocolate so you may be able to find it on clearance. http://www.bsueboutiques.com
      Add a little German silver gilder's paste and a coat of matte sealer and you're there.
      -gb

      Delete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.