Friday, June 29, 2012

Field Trip

we have arrived
Shisha-open mouth scares away evil spirits
big bubbles
clay baking in the intense Oki sun
giant kaleidoscope
fibers for traditional Yomitan weavings
beautiful small vessels
Okinawan butterfly is the largest species I've ever seen.
better size comparison, but shot through netting...sorry
they have a gold chrysalis
Goya-famous Okinawa vegetable
tree house outside "Nature School"
lunch break...
Stilts...well done lil man
I'm going back to try my hand at lampwork!
Feel free to explore their website if you'd like:

Sorry to be short.  It's a busy busy day, but wanted to share my trip with ya'll.  
It's been so long since I shared my island paradise.


4 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures. That butterfly is gorgeous. It's nice to see the different culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I want to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I have had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Many thanks!
    My page ... alice in wonderland fancy dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First this link took me to a diaper swap page so please feel free to send me another link. I don't clear my mind before. I use this to clear my mind. I have to force myself to take time to update my blog sometimes, but it's necessary to take this time for myself. I just start adding pictures and usually the words come. If they don't like this post then I move on. If they do that's great. Some of my posts never come into clear focus in my opinion, but I've put something out there. I've over tasked myself to the point that I don't expect perfection anymore in most areas of my life. This is one of those areas, that though important to me does not in my opinion require adding that much stress to my life. That's probably not the answer you were looking for, but it's the truth.

      Delete
  3. Looks like lots of fun, definetly a place I would like to visit. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.