Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What I learned about myself watching the boys play Call of Duty

I've long known I see things many people over look. A side effect of which is that I wander off a lot.  Any poor girlfriend who has ever been shopping with me knows I could be right there and during the second it takes to take a breathe to speak I've vanished.  Hiking with me is even worse because I love plants. So every odd grouping of foliage stops me or worse I walk forward looking another way.  With this personality glitch I see so many more beautiful things that most people would miss.  For example since my husband's birthday last week I've tried to be generous with my tolerance of video games.  As a result I've seen hours of Call of Duty while passing in and out of the main area of our home.
Image found at: http://www.brashgames.co.uk
Since I couldn't care less about the actual game play I see simple but lovely architectural details, a common but cool graffiti style, a nice tree structure, a vintage bike I would love to have and even see insect antenna shapes in the plumb of the explosion.  This of course makes my guys tilt their heads sideways and look at me like I'm an alien. But you know what?  That's okay because I enjoy the game in a different way.  I never thought I'd enjoy these kinds of games.  Though I still have no desire to play I do think I've learned to tolerate them a bit more.  Another place I see beauty that many overlook is in abandoned structures.  After recently being introduced to a great group of boards on pintrest by hummingbird.pie I wanted to share a few amazing ones.
green+water+arches+triangles+light=awesome
Who could abandon this view?

Think of all the vintage paper!
texture, light & dark
fantastic!
titled explorer@work.  That's it I'm an explorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.