Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A few things...

Before I tell you about the pile of 3mm crystals above, 
I want to show you the great things I received from Miranda
 in her advent hop.  Yep, before Christmas. 

The kumihimo necklace in the center
was my Christmas gift.
I've had all the daily advent gifts together to be photographed, 
and it's time to use them.  So here are some photos.
Thanks you so much M!  
I truly adore the amazing variety of the lot.
Love the stone butterfly.  
I've never held a chain like that either.
It has great fluidity.
Here are some clasps, big fat pearls, shells and beautiful glass flowers.
Oh and some neat ear wires too.
 This shows many of my favorites.
It was a brilliant idea for the 24 little gifts and one handmade gift.
I hope to remember to sign up again this year.
 
Okay now to the pile...
I wanted to make some rainbow earrings.
So here's what I came up with:
 Then I wanted to make a similar necklace, but I did not want them to match.
 When I made the necklace I was so use to making pairs 
that I made pairs of green and purple for the necklace. Ooops!
So I threw in a gold and my Mardi Gras colored necklace came to be.
Still have a little pile of 3mm Swarvoski on the bead mat 
so patriotic (red, white & blue) will be finished up soon.
Just trying to decided if I want earrings or a necklace and bracelet set.

Hope you are enjoying things around you today too.


4 comments:

  1. Cool stuff and your rainbow earrings are so sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, and what a great haul, lucky you! I love your crystals, both the earrings and the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rainbow earrings are so cute! And the beads are absolutely drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sublime haul you have there! And I love what you've done with the crystals. Awesome work, Ginger. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.