Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Just Keep Creating

I often find myself in creative slumps that can last up to half a year. 
When that feeling sneaks up on me again I've been switching media. 
It has really helped.
My house looks like a craft supply edition of Hoarders, but I'm happy.

So these are far from my greatest achievements, but 
they all taught me something.

first attempts with my kanzashi template
handmade eco craft basket pin cushion


pot of gold treats for son's class



I have to say the St. Patty's treats were inspired by a pin.
I however used $1 gold sprinkles instead of $7 sprinkles and 
chocolate chips instead of chocolate candy melts. 
The kids didn't seem to mind.
I even got a thanks from the teacher. That's never happened before.

So just keep creating...it doesn't have to be perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Ginger, it's important to enjoy that awesome feeling of completing a creative project (especially combined with the thrill of learning a new skill). Your treats look super yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Thanks! I love hearing what you think.